In this Article, we are haring a Mnemonics for remembering Aspirin Contraindications.
What is Aspirin and its Usages?
Aspirin is used to reduce fever and relieve mild to moderate pain from conditions such as muscle aches, toothaches, common cold, and headaches. It may also be used to reduce pain and swelling in conditions such as arthritis. Aspirin is known as a salicylate and a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID).
Mnemonics for Contraindications of Aspirin:
A mnemonic “ABCD’s LUv TV” is used to remember all Contraindications of Aspirin.
(focus on Bold and Capital alphabets of the mnemonic).
- A for Allergy
- B for Bleeding – gastrointestinal or intracranial
- C for Children under 12 – the risk of Reye’s syndrome
- D for Disorders of bleeding – including haemophilia
- L for Liver disease
- U for Ulcerations e.g. peptic
- T for Thrombocytopenia
- V for Von willebrand disease
Hello Medicos, We are Constantly Motivated to Provide You with the Best Medical Mnemonics to Enhance your Learning Experience.
Hope, This article helped you.
Keep Loving, Medicos Ideas.