In this article, we have shared a review and free Pdf download link(Google drive) of BRS Pathology 5th Edition by Arthur S. Schneider MD and Philip A. Szanto MD.
As in prior editions, we have updated the format and, we hope, the utility of this work by substituting and adding even more colour illustrations. In the selection of images, we have held to the principle that the medical school pathology course should be aimed at building an understanding of the processes of disease and that identification of images is not an objective unto itself, but rather an important tool to illustrate mechanisms.
While attempting to keep this fifth edition as short as possible, we have added what we consider to be significant material needed for updating. As before, the end-of-chapter study questions and the comprehensive examination at the end of the book are entirely cast in vignette format. This should be helpful for students preparing for similar examinations administered by national accrediting groups.
We recommend that this book not is used as a primary text, but rather, as the series title suggests, as a supplement for study and for review. Following the initial study of a unit in a pathology course, many students will find that review of the corresponding material in this book will aid in the identification of major concepts that deserve special emphasis. Also, this book can serve as a source for end-of-year review and for review for national examinations.
Special attention is again directed to the Answers and Explanations that follow the end-of-chapter Review Test questions and the Comprehensive Examination questions at the end of the text. Much of the teaching material is emphasized in these discussions, and it is recommended that these sections be reviewed carefully as part of exam preparation.
Specifications of BRS Pathology 5th Edition.
This revised fifth edition is an excellent pathology review for students preparing for the USMLE Step 1 and course examinations. Written in the popular Board Review Series outline format, this text covers general and basic pathology, major concepts of disease processes, and systemic pathology that surveys the principal disorders of each organ system through concise descriptions and full-colour illustrations. USMLE-style questions at the end of each chapter emphasize board-relevant information and allow for self-testing to confirm strengths and uncover areas of weakness. Plus, the comprehensive exam at the end of the book is a great prep tool for the actual exam!
You will also discover-
- Full-colour design, illustrations, and tables summarize information for convenient review.
- Over 450 USMLE-style questions, answers, and rationales both electronically and in print to reinforce your pathology review.
- Key topic icons help focus your study.
- Correlation boxes emphasize connections between pathology and clinical medicine.
- A FREE companion website with access to the E-book, image bank, and an interactive question bank featuring all the questions from the book for engaging, effective test preparation!
About The Author(s)
- Arthur S. Schneider MD
Professor and Chair, Department of Pathology, Chicago Medical School at Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science, North Chicago, IL
- Philip A. Szanto MD
Chicago Medical School at Rosalind Franklin University, North Chicago, IL
Table of Contents.
1. Cellular Reaction to Injury.
3. Hemodynamic Dysfunction.
4. Genetic Disorders.
5. Immune Dysfunction.
7. Environmental Pathology.
8. Nutritional Disorders.
9. Vascular System.
12. Neoplastic and Proliferative Disorders of the Hematopoietic and Lymphoid Systems.
13. Hemorrhagic Disorders.
14. Respiratory System.
15. Gastrointestinal Tract.
16. Liver, Gallbladder, and Exocrine Pancreas.
17. Kidney and Urinary Tract.
18. Male Reproductive System.
19. Female Reproductive System and Breast.
20. Endocrine System.
22. Musculoskeletal System.
23. Nervous System.
24. Interpretation of Diagnostic Tests: Laboratory Statistics.
BRS Pathology 5th Edition PDF Download.
You can download BRS Pathology 5th Edition by links are given below. If the link is not working, do let us know using the comments section, we will readily update it.