We have shared a review and a free pdf download link (Google Drive) of Case Files Pharmacology 3rd Edition (LANGE Case Files).
Often, the medical student will cringe at the “drudgery” of the basic science courses and see little connection between a field such as pharmacology and clinical problems. Clinicians, however, often wish they knew more about the basic sciences because it is through the science that we can begin to understand the complexities of the human body and thus have rational methods of diagnosis and treatment.
Medicos Ideas work in the way you do, Smarty. While you are downloading Pdf’s (Link in Bottom) straight in your device, we want you to grab one more great book and to see you become better Ebooks Manager. And If you like our work kindly do support us.
Mastering the knowledge in a discipline such as pharmacology is a formidable task. It is even more difficult to retain this information and to recall it when the clinical setting is encountered. To accomplish this synthesis, pharmacology is optimally taught in the context of medical situations, and this is reinforced later during the clinical rotations. The gulf between the basic sciences and the patient arena is wide.
Perhaps one way to bridge this gulf is with carefully constructed clinical cases that ask basic science-oriented questions. In an attempt to achieve this goal, we have designed a collection of patient cases to teach pharmacology-related points. More importantly, the explanations for these cases emphasize the underlying mechanisms and relate the clinical setting to the basic science data. The principles are explored rather than overemphasizing rote memorization.
This book is organized for versatility: to allow the student “in a rush” to go quickly through the scenarios and check the corresponding answers and to provide more detailed information for the student who wants thought-provoking explanations. The answers are arranged from simple to complex: a summary of the pertinent points, the bare answers, a clinical correlation, an approach to the pharmacology topic, a comprehension test at the end for reinforcement or emphasis, and a list of references for further reading.
The clinical cases are arranged by the system to better reflect the organization within the basic science. Finally, to encourage thinking about mechanisms and relationships, we used open-ended questions in clinical cases. Nevertheless, several multiple-choice questions are included at the end of each scenario to reinforce concepts or introduce related topics.
Features of Case Files Pharmacology 3rd Edition.
Experience with clinical cases is key to excelling on the USMLE Step 1 and shelf exams, and ultimately to providing patients with competent clinical care. Case Files: Pharmacology provides 56 true-to-life clinical cases that illustrate essential concepts in pharmacology. Each case includes an easy-to-understand discussion correlated to key basic science concepts, definitions of key terms, pharmacology pearls, and USMLE-style review questions. With Case Files, you’ll learn instead of memorizing.
- Learn from 56 high-yield cases, each with board-style questions
- Master key concepts with clinical pearls
- Polish your approach to clinical problems and to patient care
- Maximize your board scores with the proven Case Files system
Table of Content:
Each case is designed to introduce a clinically related issue and includes open-ended questions usually asking a basic science question, but at times, to break up the monotony, there will be a clinical question. The answers are organized into four different parts:
- A straightforward answer is given for each open-ended question.
- Clinical Correlation—A discussion of the relevant points relating the basic science to the clinical manifestations, and perhaps introducing the student to issues such as diagnosis and treatment.
- An approach to the basic science concept consisting of three parts:
- Objectives—A listing of the two to four main knowledge objectives that are critical for understanding the underlying pharmacology to answer the question and relate to the clinical situation.
- Definitions of basic terminology.
- Discussion of the specific class of agents.
- Comprehension Questions—Each case includes several multiple-choice questions that reinforce the material or introduces new and related concepts. Questions about the material not found in the text are explained in the answers.
- Pharmacology Pearls—A listing of several important points, many clinically relevant, reiterated as a summation of the text and to allow for easy reviews, such as before an examination.
Case Files Pharmacology 3rd Edition PDF Download.
You can download Case Files Pharmacology 3rd Edition PDF by links are given below. If the link is not working, do let us know using the comments section, we will readily update it.