We have shared a review and a free pdf download link (Google Drive) of Churchill’s Pocketbook of Intensive Care.
The intensive care unit (ICU) is an intimidating environment for junior doctors entering it for the first time. This book aims to give them practical guidance on the day-to-day procedures and problems they will encounter. The book should be of interest and relevance to Senior House Officers training in anaesthesia, medicine and surgery and SHOs from all these specialities rotate through the ICU. This is a “white coat pocket” book designed for hour-by-hour consultation.
Features of Churchill’s Pocketbook of Intensive Care.
A pocketbook of intensive care for junior doctors/residents working on the intensive care unit.
• Clear and straightforward advice on the management of conditions found in ITU, including instruction on when to seek help from senior staff.
• Guides to common problems which cause difficulty for the trainee are conveniently indexed inside the front cover – eg diarrhoea, oliguria, problems during central venous access, problems with chest drains.
• Comprehensive coverage of the common conditions found in the ITU.
• Attractive, clear page design with danger icon to mark crucial clinical points where a trainee may make a mistake.
• A new chapter on the transport of the critically ill patient.
• Significant updating of following areas – post mortem consent issues, sedative, analgesic and muscle relaxant drugs, Apache scoring, dysrhythmias/cardiac arrest, artificial ventilation, COAD, ARDS, subarachnoid haemorrhage.
• New section on antibiotic-resistant infections.
• Cardioversion added to practical procedures section.
• The short further reading section at the end of chapters.
Table Of Content:
- Organisational issues.
- Introduction to intensive care.
- Basic principles.
- Cardiovascular system.
- Respiratory system.
- Gastrointestinal system.
- Renal system.
- Metabolic and endocrine problems.
- Overdose, poisoning and drug abuse.
- Haematological problems.
- Brain injury, neurological and neuromuscular problems.
- Trauma. Infection, inflammation and multi-organ dysfunction syndrome.
- Postoperative and obstetric patients.
- Practical procedures.
- End of life issues.
Churchill’s Pocketbook of Intensive Care PDF Download.
You can download Churchill’s Pocketbook of Intensive Care PDF by links are given below. If the link is not working, do let us know using the comments section, we will readily update it.