In this article, we have shared a review and a free pdf download link (Google Drive) of Churchill’s Pocketbooks Surgery – 5th Edition PDF.
The Fifth Edition of this highly-praised and bestselling pocketbook continues to deliver a concise and didactic account of the essential features of all common surgical disorders. The book covers fundamental principles as well as providing basic information on aetiology, diagnosis and management, including pre-operative and post-operative care. The text includes an overview of history-taking, relevant physical signs, differential diagnosis, investigations and practical treatment.
The book provides comprehensive coverage of general surgery but in addition, covers the basic needs of the medical student and those in the early years of postgraduate training as far as the surgical specialities are concerned.
- 1 Reviews of Churchill’s Pocketbooks Surgery – 5th Edition PDF.
- 2 Key Features of Churchill’s Pocketbooks Surgery – 5th Edition PDF.
- 3 New to this Edition.
- 4 Table of Contents.
- 5 About Author.
- 6 Download the PDF of Churchill’s Pocketbooks Surgery – 5th Edition PDF.
Reviews of Churchill’s Pocketbooks Surgery – 5th Edition PDF.
“The authors’ aim is to produce a concise, didactic account of the common surgical disorders that is both affordable and fits in the pocket. They have achieved this objective admirably. This is a little book that is worth knowing well.”
Annals of the Royal College of Surgeons of England
“If you love surgery and want a recipe for success, or if you’re just trying to survive your surgical placements, then do yourself a favour and pick this book. It’s deliciously easy to read which makes it memorable and applicable.”
Medical student, Australia
Key Features of Churchill’s Pocketbooks Surgery – 5th Edition PDF.
Here are the features of Churchill’s Pocketbooks Surgery – 5th Edition.
- Presented in the portable small format in two colours with line drawings and radiological images. The text is succinct and clearly structured with extensive use of headings to guide the reader.
- Covers all the major surgical specialities.
- Contains outlines of common operations such as appendicectomy and thyroidectomy.
- Contains an introductory chapter on consent, medicolegal issues, statistics and clinical audit.
- Contains a checklist of emergency situations for quick reference.
New to this Edition.
Features which are new to Churchill’s Pocketbooks Surgery – 5th Edition.
The text has been extensively re-written by a team of senior specialist surgical registrars or newly appointed consultants.
- Over 50 new illustrations of line drawings are included as well as updated radiological images.
- New hints and tips sections have been added.
Table of Contents.
The following content will be Covered in Churchill’s Pocketbooks Surgery – 5th Edition PDF.
- Introduction to surgery
- An introduction to surgical techniques and practical procedures
- Investigative procedures
- Shock and trauma
- Preoperative and postoperative care
- Infection and surgery
- Management of malignant disease
Head, neck and Otorhinolaryngology
- Endocrine surgery
- Abdominal wall and hernia
- Acute abdomen
- Alimentary tract
- Peripheral vascular disease
- Plastic surgery and skin
- Paediatric surgery
- Organ and tissue transplantation
- Gynaecology and Obstetrics
By Andrew T Raftery, BSc MBChB(Hons) MD FRCS(Eng) FRCS(Ed) , Clinical Anatomist; Formerly Consultant Surgeon, Sheffield Kidney Institute, Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, Northern General Hospital, Sheffield; Member (formerly Chairman), Court of Examiners, Royal College of Surgeons of England; Formerly Member of Panel of Examiners, Intercollegiate Specialty Board in General Surgery; Formerly Member of Council, Royal College of Surgeons of England; Formerly Honorary Clinical Senior Lecturer in Surgery, University of Sheffield, UK;
Michael S. Delbridge, MB ChB(Hons) MD FRCS (Vascular), Consultant Vascular & Endovascular Surgeon, The Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital, Norwich, UK ;
Marcus J. D. Wagstaff, BSc(Hons), MB BS, PhD, MRCS(Eng), FRCS(Plast), FRACS, Consultant in Plastic, Reconstructive and Burns Surgery, Dept of Plastic Surgery, Royal Adelaide Hospital, Adelaide, Australia and
Katherine I. Bridge, MBChB(Hons), MRCS(Eng), Clinical Research Training Fellow in Vascular Surgery, University of Leeds and Yorkshire and the Humber Deanery, Leeds, UK.
Download the PDF of Churchill’s Pocketbooks Surgery – 5th Edition PDF.
You can download Churchill’s Pocketbooks Surgery – 5th Edition PDF by links are given below. If the link is not working, do let us know using the comments section, we will readily update it.