Diseases of ear, nose and throat is a popular textbook of ent. The first edition of the book was published in 1992. Since then it has received wide acceptance from the readers and every attempt has been made to update the current edition in the light of the advances made by the speciality.
- 1 Table of Content: PL Dhingra ENT Textbook.
- 2 Overview of PL Dhingra ENT Textbook.
- 3 Main key Topics:
- 4 PL Dhingra Diseases of Ear, Nose and Throat Free Pdf Download.
Table of Content: PL Dhingra ENT Textbook.
The free book has over 490 pages and is the 6th edition of the series. If you want to download 7th or 8th edition of PL Dhingra ENT, you can always check us out later. About the book, there are 10 sections which deal with:
Section 1: Diseases of Ear
Section 2: Diseases of Nose and Paranasal sinuses
Section 3: Diseases of Oral Cavity and Salivary Glands
Section 4: Diseases of Pharynx
Section 5: Diseases of the Larynx and Trachea
Section 6: Diseases of Thyroid and its disorders
Section 7: Diseases of Oesophagus
Section 8: Recent Advances
Section 9: Clinical methods in ENT and Neck Masses
Section 10: Operative Surgery
Apart from the 10 sections, the book also features beautiful appendices, including the Instrument appendix that shows images and texts of Instruments used in ENT. These appendices are definitely the life-saviours during practicals at end of the semester.
Overview of PL Dhingra ENT Textbook.
The PL Dhingra ENT book is still the standard for ENT department in medical colleges in India and is the most widely used book in Second Year MBBS for ENT subject. All the sections are necessary, however, the focus is always on Ear, Neck and Throat, including Thyroid and Larynx.
One of the important topics is a classification of Cancer, it usually comes in exams. Attending the clinical wards with the book in hand is the finest way to learn ENT. Watching out surgeries is another way to make sure you never forget text. We also have some articles on this website that are made especially for MBBS students and are notes of ENT topics that are typical to understand. Some of them are:
- Nasal Myiasis: Maggots in Nose
- Atrophic Rhinitis
- Deviated Nasal Septum (DNS)
- Meniere’s Diseases
- Chronic Suppurative Otitis Media (CSOM)
- Atticoantral CSOM
- Tubotympanic CSOM
Suggestions for those who are looking forward to establishing a clinical understanding of ENT are as follows:
- Read up everything, even if you are not in a mood to mug up. It will clear out some concepts and some things are bound to stay in your long-term memory.
- Focus on the diseases more, you will usually find a lot of people with Otitis Media and Deviated Nasal Septum.
- Make up a habit of co-relating everything and you will find the book is almost everything you already know.
Main key Topics:
- Proptosis/Orbital Tumor.
- Thyroid Gland and Its Disorders.
- Surgery of Thyroid.
- Anatomy and Physiology of Para-nasal Sinuses.
- Tumours of Nasopharynx.
- Congenital Lesions of Larynx and Stridor.
- Foreign Bodies of Air and Food Passages.
- Laser Surgery, Radiofrequency Surgery and Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy.
- HIV Infection/AIDS and ENT Manifestations.
PL Dhingra Diseases of Ear, Nose and Throat Free Pdf Download.
You can download PL Dhingra Diseases of Ear, Nose and Throat Free by links are given below. If the link is not working, do let us know using the comments section, we will readily update it.