Every boldly marked word Represent a mnemonics.
1) ST elevation ELEVATION.
- Early Repolarization,
- Ventricular hypertrophy,
- Treatment (eg
- Injury (AMI, contusion),
- Osborne waves (hypothermia),
- Vasospasm (prinzmetal’s)
2) Exercise ramp ECG: contraindications RAMP
- Recent MI
- Aortic stenosis
- MI in the last7 days
- Pulmonary hypertension
3) ECG: T wave inversion causes INVERT:
- Normality [esp. young, black]
- Ventricular hypertrophy
- Ectopic foci [eg calcified plaques]
- RBBB, LBBB
- Treatments [digoxin]
4) EKG: 12 lead EKG quick interpretation of V1-V6 SSAALL.
*Elevations matched with their classic location of MI*
- V1 Septal
- V2 Septal
- V3 Anterior
- V4 Anterior
- V5 Lateral
- V6 Lateral
5) Pericarditis: EKG “PericarditiS”
- PR depression in precordial leads.
- ST elevation.
6) Depressed ST-segment: causes DEPRESSED ST.
- Drooping valve (MVP).
- Enlargement of LV with strain.
- Potassium loss (hypokalemia).
- Reciprocal ST- depression (in I/W AMI).
- Embolism in lungs (pulmonary embolism).
- Subendocardial ischemia.
- Subendocardial infarct.
- Encephalon haemorrhage (intracranial haemorrhage).
- Dilated cardiomyopathy.
- Toxicity of digitalis, quinidine
7) ECG: left vs. right bundle block “WiLLiaM MaRRoW”
- W pattern in V1-V2 and M pattern in V3-V6 is Left bundle block.
- M pattern in V1-V2 and W in V3-V6 is Right bundle block.
* Note: consider bundle branch blocks when QRS complex is wide.
8) ST elevation causes ECG ELEVATION.
- Early Repolarization.
- Ventricular Hypertrophy.
- Treatment (eg pericardiocentesis).
- Injury (AMI, contusion).
- Osborne waves (hypothermia).
- Non-occlusive vasospasm.
9) Einthoven’s Triangle: organization Corners are at RA (right arm), LA (left arm), LL (left leg).
A number of L’s at a corner tell how many + signs are at that corner [eg LL is ++].
Sum of the number of L’s of any 2 corners tells the name of the lead [eg LL-LA is lead III].
For reference axes, the negative angle hemisphere is on the half of the triangle drawing that has all the negative signs; positive angle hemisphere contains only positive signs.
10) Dominant R wave in V1 WORD.
- Old MI.
Hello Medicos, We are Constantly Motivated to Provide You with the Best Medical Mnemonics to Enhance your Learning Experience.
Hope our article “ECG Mnemonics Made Easy To Remember” will help you to get command on this topic.
Till then, Happy studying.