We have shared a review and a free pdf download link (Google Drive) of Embryology at a Glance 2nd Edition.
Embryology at a Glance is a highly illustrated and innovative introduction to key embryological concepts, with concise, memorable descriptions of major embryological developments.
Medicos Ideas work in the way you do, Smarty. While you are downloading Pdf’s (Link in Bottom) straight in your device, we want you to grab one more great book and to see you become better Ebooks Manager. And If you like our work kindly do support us.
This new edition covers the basic principles of human development, from mitosis and meiosis, before exploring the primary formation of each body system, including the development of the musculoskeletal, circulatory, digestive, reproductive, and nervous systems during the foetal and neonatal periods.
Key features of Embryology at a Glance 2nd Edition.
- New chapters on cell signalling genes, stem cells, and antenatal screening for common congenital and genetic defects
- Full-colour photographs and illustrations
- Links to clinical practice highlighted throughout
- Timelines of each developmental stage
- MCQs and EMQs for revision and review
- A companion website at www.ataglanceseries.com/embryology featuring 15 brand new animations, and podcasts to help clearly explain the processes that occur during development. An additional instructor resource contains an image bank of all the figures from the book to aid in teaching this fascinating area
Embryology at a Glance provides the perfect alternative to the overwhelming detail seen in conventional embryology texts. It provides just the right level of detail on embryology and congenital abnormalities for all medical students and health professionals to develop a thorough understanding of human development and its implications for clinical practice.
TABLE OF CONTENTS.
List of abbreviations ix
About the companion website xi
Part 1 Early development 1
- 1 Embryology in medicine 2
- 2 Language of embryology 4
- 3 Introduction to development 6
- 4 Cell signalling genes 8
- 5 Embryonic and foetal periods 10
- 6 Mitosis 12
- 7 Meiosis 14
- 8 Spermatogenesis 16
- 9 Oogenesis 18
- 10 Fertilisation 20
- 11 From zygote to blastocyst 22
- 12 Implantation 24
- 13 Placenta 26
- 14 Gastrulation 28
- 15 Germ layers 30
- 16 Stem cells 32
- 17 Neurulation 34
- 18 Neural crest cells 36
- 19 Body cavities (embryonic) 38
- 20 Folding of the embryo 40
- 21 Segmentation 42
- 22 Somites 44
Part 2 Systems development 47
- 23 Skeletal system (ossification) 48
- 24 Skeletal system 50
- 25 Muscular system 52
- 26 Musculoskeletal system: limbs 54
- 27 Circulatory system: heart tube 56
- 28 Circulatory system: heart chambers 58
- 29 Circulatory system: blood vessels 60
- 30 Circulatory system: embryonic veins 62
- 31 Circulation system: changes at birth 64
- 32 Respiratory system 66
- 33 Digestive system: gastrointestinal tract 68
- 34 Digestive system: associated organs 70
- 35 Digestive system: congenital anomalies 72
- 36 Urinary system 74
- 37 Reproductive system: ducts and genitalia 76
- 38 Reproductive system: gonads 78
- 39 Endocrine system 80
- 40 Head and neck: arch I 82
- 41 Head and neck: arch II 84
- 42 Head and neck: arch III 86
- 43 Head and neck: arches IV-VI 88
- 44 Central nervous system 90
- 45 Peripheral nervous system 92
- 46 The ear 94
- 47 The eye 96
- 48 Antenatal screening 98
- Self-assessment MCQs 100
- Self-assessment MCQ answers 104
- Self-assessment EMQs 105
- Self-assessment EMQ answers 107
- Glossary 108
- Index 112
Embryology at a Glance 2nd Edition PDF Download.
You can download Embryology at a Glance 2nd Edition PDF by links are given below. If the link is not working, do let us know using the comments section, we will readily update it.