We have shared a review and a free pdf download link (Google Drive) of Essentials of Biochemistry 2nd Edition by Pankaja Naik.
The book “Essentials of Biochemistry” primarily focused on the essential biochemical concepts that are much helpful for medical students. The study of biochemistry helps in finding remedies for a variety of ailments that afflict human beings. The entire book is simplified and it is divided into thirty-five chapters to understand each topic in its proper perspective. The additional information is represented in the form of diagrams, tables and flows charts.
The initial chapters include cell and membrane transport, carbohydrate chemistry, the chemistry of lipids and proteins, plasma proteins and immunoglobulins, enzymes, vitamins, the chemistry of haemoglobin and nucleic acids, etc.
The following chapters are nutrition, metabolism of carbohydrate, lipid, protein, water, mineral, haemoglobin, nucleic acid, etc. The later chapters are based on replication, transcription and translation, regulation of gene expression and mutation, genetic engineering, mechanism of hormone action, free radicals and antioxidants, cancer, connective tissue, muscle, etc. This book is also useful for dental, physiotherapy, occupational therapy, nursing and other life science students. At the end of each chapter, multiple choice questions (MCQs) and clinical cases are given for the self-assessment.
Here’s a quick overview of the important features of Essentials of Biochemistry 2nd Edition by Pankaja Naik.
- Concise, comprehensive and in full colour.
- An exam oriented ideal textbook for medical, dental, physiotherapy, occupational therapy, nursing and other health sciences, students.
- Revised and updated keeping in view all categories of students.
- Additional information has been given in the form of new diagrams, tables and flowcharts.
- New coloured boxes are provided to add more information into the text.
- The inclusion of exam questions in the form of long answers (LAQs), short answer questions (SAQs), new multiple choice questions (MCQs) and clinical case studies.
- A glossary with precise definitions of the most common words of biochemical sciences for ready reference.
- A list of references/normal values for selected biochemical laboratory tests appears at the end of the book.
- A systematic and comprehensive book for passing and scoring in exams successfully.
Essentials of Biochemistry 2nd Edition PDF.
You can download Essentials of Biochemistry 2nd Edition by Pankaja Naik PDF by links are given below. If the link is not working, do let us know using the comments section, we will readily update it.