In this article, we have shared a review and a free pdf download link (Google Drive) of Ganong’s Physiology Examination and Board Review 1st Edition.
Based on content from Ganong’s Review of Medical Physiology, Twenty-Fifth Edition, the world’s leading text on human physiology, this authoritative new resource delivers a clear, concise review of the subject’s fundamental concepts, backed by more than 350 Q&A with detailed answer explanations, and numerous full-colour illustrations.
With the goal of creating a targeted, yet comprehensive review of medical physiology for the USMLE® and coursework, the authors of this powerful new resource have streamlined the content of the Ganong’s Review of Medical Physiology, Twenty-Fifth Edition to facilitate study and learning, carefully retaining the most high-yield concepts and illustrations.
The authors have skillfully reworked the self-study questions from the parent text so they are consistent with the clinical vignette-style found on the USMLE®, and have also included many new questions. In addition, every question comes with a comprehensive explanation of why the correct answer is right or wrong, and why the distractors are wrong. This fosters a conceptual understanding of physiology, rather than simply reinforcing memorization. You will also find valuable study aids such as learning objectives, key terms, and end-of-chapter summaries and questions.
- 1 About the Author.
- 2 Table of Contents.
- 2.1 SECTION I CELLULAR & MOLECULAR BASIS FOR MEDICAL PHYSIOLOGY
- 2.2 SECTION II CENTRAL & PERIPHERAL NEUROPHYSIOLOGY
- 2.3 SECTION III ENDOCRINE & REPRODUCTIVE PHYSIOLOGY
- 2.4 SECTION IV GASTROINTESTINAL PHYSIOLOGY
- 2.5 SECTION V CARDIOVASCULAR PHYSIOLOGY
- 2.6 SECTION VI RESPIRATORY PHYSIOLOGY
- 2.7 SECTION VII RENAL PHYSIOLOGY
- 3 Ganong’s Physiology Examination and Board Review 1st Edition PDF Download.
About the Author.
Kim E. Barrett, PhD (La Jolla, CA), Professor, Department of Medicine,
Dean of Graduate Studies, University of California, San Diego.
Susan M. Barman, PhD (East Lansing, MI) Professor, Department of Pharmacology/Toxicology, Michigan State University.
Scott Boitano, PhD (Tucson, AZ) Associate Professor, Physiology, University of Arizona.
Jane F. Reckelhoff, PhD (Jackson, MS) Billy S. Guyton Distinguished Professor, Professor of Physiology and Biophysics, University of Mississippi.
Table of Contents.
Below is the complete table of contents offered inside Ganong’s Physiology Examination and Board Review PDF:
SECTION I CELLULAR & MOLECULAR BASIS FOR MEDICAL PHYSIOLOGY
1. General Principles & Energy Production in Medical Physiology
2. Overview of Cellular Physiology in Medical Physiology
3. Immunity, Infection, & Inflammation
4. Excitable Tissue: Nerve
5. Excitable Tissue: Muscle
6. Synaptic & Junctional Transmission
7. Neurotransmitters & Neuromodulators
SECTION II CENTRAL & PERIPHERAL NEUROPHYSIOLOGY
8. Somatosensory Neurotransmission: Touch, Pain, & Temperature
10. Hearing & Equilibrium
11. Smell & Taste
12. Reflex & Voluntary Control of Posture & Movement
13. Autonomic Nervous System
14. Electrical Activity of the Brain, Sleep-Wake States, & Circadian Rhythms
15. Learning, Memory, Language, & Speech
SECTION III ENDOCRINE & REPRODUCTIVE PHYSIOLOGY
16. Basic Concepts of Endocrine Regulation
17. Hypothalamic Regulation of Hormonal Functions
18. The Pituitary Gland
19. The Thyroid Gland
20. The Adrenal Medulla & Adrenal Cortex
21. Hormonal Control of Calcium & Phosphate Metabolism & the Physiology of Bone
22. Reproductive Development & Function of the Female Reproductive System
23. The function of the Male Reproductive System
24. Endocrine Functions of the Pancreas & Regulation of Carbohydrate Metabolism.
SECTION IV GASTROINTESTINAL PHYSIOLOGY
25. Overview of Gastrointestinal Function & Regulation
26. Digestion, Absorption, & Nutritional Principles
27. Gastrointestinal Motility
28. Transport & Metabolic Functions of the Liver
SECTION V CARDIOVASCULAR PHYSIOLOGY
29. Origin of the Heartbeat & the Electrical Activity of the Heart
30. The Heart as a Pump
31. Blood as a Circulatory Fluid & the Dynamics of Blood & Lymph Flow
32. Cardiovascular Regulatory Mechanisms
33. Circulation Through Special Regions
SECTION VI RESPIRATORY PHYSIOLOGY
34. Introduction to Pulmonary Structure & Mechanics
35. Gas Transport & pH
36. Regulation of Respiration
SECTION VII RENAL PHYSIOLOGY
37. Renal Function & Micturition
38. Regulation of Extracellular Fluid Composition & Volume
39. Acidification of the Urine & Bicarbonate Excretion
Ganong’s Physiology Examination and Board Review 1st Edition PDF Download.
You can download Ganong’s Physiology Examination and Board Review 1st Edition by links are given below. If the link is not working, do let us know using the comments section, we will readily update it.