Guyton pdf of Medical Physiology is one of the top rated books for medical students regarding the study of physiology. Guyton and Hall Medical Physiology has been the best choice for learning the basic concepts of physiology. There are many books on medical physiology such as Sembulingam physiology etc. But Guyton and Hall book of medical physiology is one of the best-selling books from many years.
Guyton and Hall Physiology PDF Book Content.
There are 15 units in one single book (unlike AK Jain with two parts) and these are as follows:
- Introduction to Physiology: The Cell and General Physiology
- Membrane Physiology, Nerve, and Muscle
- The Heart
- The Circulation
- The Body Fluids and Kidneys
- Blood Cells, Immunity, and Blood Clotting
- Aviation, Space, and Deep-Sea Diving Physiology
- The Nervous System: A. General Principles and Sensory Physiology
- The Nervous System: B. The Special Senses
- The Nervous System: C. Motor and Integrative Neurophysiology
- Gastrointestinal Physiology
- Metabolism and Temperature Regulation
- Endocrinology and Reproduction
- Sports Physiology
About Authors of This Book.
1. Arthur Clifton Guyton:
He was born on September 8, 1919, and was the first writer of the Guyton medical physiology. Later on, Hall also joins him in his new edition.
He also wrote many other best-selling books for which he received many awards and honours and died on April 3rd, 2003. You can read more about him here.
2. John Edward Hall:
John E Hall is the co-author of this book and joined author Clifton Guyton in the 9th edition of the book.
Features of Guyton and Hall Textbook of Medical Physiology 13th Edition PDF.
Below are a few quick features of Guyton Physiology 13th Edition PDF that you might be interested in knowing about:
- Each important topic is followed by “summary figures” and tables that reflect high-yield points and pearls to so that you make the most of it.
- High-definition and colourful illustrations are present throughout the book.
Authored by leading subject experts, renowned healthcare practitioners and researchers who have years of experience in this field.
- More emphasis on clinical correlations so that students can develop clear concepts regarding things important from the clinical point of view.
- If you buy the original book (licensed one), you will be able to access the online Student Consult eBook which offers premium features i.e physiology animations, interactive images, self-assessment questions and practice tests etc.