In this Article, we have shared a review and a free pdf download link (Google Drive) of Hamilton Bailey’s Demonstrations of Physical Signs in Clinical Surgery 19 Edition PDF.
It is approaching a century since the first edition of Demonstrations of Physical Signs in Clinical Surgery was first published, authored by the pioneering surgical teacher Hamilton Bailey. That it has survived is a testimony to the continuing need for those learning surgery to be able to elicit physical signs in the patient and to understand their meaning and significance.
The fully-revised nineteenth edition has been brought completely up to date reflecting current surgical practice in both the developed and developing nations while preserving Hamilton Bailey’s original message regarding the importance of physical signs in clinical surgery. It will continue to provide medical students and postgraduates embarking upon a surgical career with an invaluable and immediate source of distilled wisdom and knowledge, set in the context of current surgical practice around the world.
Features of Hamilton Bailey’s Demonstrations of Physical Signs in Clinical Surgery 19 Edition PDF.
Here are important features of this book:
- Highly accessible for both the undergraduate and surgical trainee – improved presentation of examination details and physical signs and new text features including chapter summaries, clinical cases and special interest boxes
- Unrivalled selection of over 1400 illustrations – expose the student to a wide range of common and less common diseases that they will be unlikely to encounter in limited clinical sessions, but may nonetheless be examined upon
- System-based content – mirrors structure of the 26th edition of Bailey & Love’s Short Practice of Surgery, re-establishing the link between these two seminal surgical textbooks
- Expanded and international editorial team – ensuring the content reflects appropriately that of all readers across all markets.
Table of Content.
The following content will be Covered in Hamilton Bailey’s Demonstrations of Physical Signs in Clinical Surgery 19 Edition PDF.
Section One – Principles.
- History taking and general examination.
- Distinctive clinical syndromes.
- Lumps, ulcers, sinuses and fistulae.
- Inflammation and infection (possibly including tropical).
- HIV & AIDS.
Section Two – Trauma and (elective) orthopaedics.
- Management of the multiply injured patient.
- Bones and fractures.
- Joints and muscles.
- Peripheral nerve injuries.
- The spine.
- The shoulder joint and pectoral girdle.
- The arm.
- The hand.
- The pelvis, hip joint and thigh.
- The knee joint.
- The leg and ankle joint.
- The foot.
Section Three – Skin.
- The skin.
Section Four – Head and Neck.
- The head.
- The face and jaws.
- The ear.
- The orbit.
- The mouth.
- Nose and throat.
- Salivary glands.
- The neck.
Section Five – Breast and Endocrine.
- The thyroid and parathyroid.
- Breast and axilla.
Section Six – Cardiothoracic.
- The thorax.
- Evaluation of the cardiac surgical patient.
Section Seven – Vascular.
- Arterial disease.
- Venous and lymphatic disease.
Section Eight – Abdominal.
- The abdominal wall, umbilicus and the groin.
- Abdominal hernias.
- Non-acute abdominal conditions.
- The acute abdomen.
- Anorectal examination.
- The alimentary tract and abdomen in children.
Section Nine – Genitourinary.
- The genitourinary system and genitalia.
The Author Of the textbooks are:
- John S.P. Lumley, Emeritus Professor of Vascular Surgery, University of London; Past Council Member and Chairman of Primary Fellowship Examinations, Royal College of Surgeons of England, UK.
- Anil K. D’Cruz, Director of Tata Memorial Hospital & Head, Department of Head & Neck Surgery, Mumbai, India
- Jamal J. Hoballah, Professor & Chairman, Department of Surgery, American University of Beirut Medical Center, Lebanon; Professor of Surgery, Vascular Surgery Division, The University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, USA.
- Carol E.H. Scott-Conner, Professor, Division of Surgical Oncology and Endocrine Surgery, Department of Surgery, The University of Iowa, Iowa City, USA
Download Free Pdf of Hamilton Bailey’s Demonstrations of Physical Signs in Clinical Surgery 19 Edition.
You can download Hamilton Bailey’s Demonstrations of Physical Signs in Clinical Surgery 19 Edition PDF by links are given below. If the link is not working, do let us know using the comments section, we will readily update it.