In this article, we have shared mnemonics for Hypoglycemia Mnemonics.
Hypoglycemia, also known as low blood sugar, is when blood sugar decreases to below normal levels below (4mmol/L ). This may result in a variety of symptoms including clumsiness, trouble talking, confusion, loss of consciousness, seizures or death. A feeling of hunger, sweating, shakiness and weakness may also be present.
Hypoglycemia causes Mnemonics.
In the non-diabetic: EXPLAIN is the mnemonic.
- EXogenous medication e.g. insulin, oral hypoglycemics, alcohol, aspirin overdose, IGF-1
- Pituitary insufficiency
- Liver failure
- Addison’s disease
- Islet cell tumours (e.g. insulinoma)
- Non-pancreatic neoplasm e.g. fibrosarcoma
Precipitating factors in a diabetic: MINE is the mnemonic.
- Missing a meal
- Insulin overdose (accidental)
- Non-accidental overdose
- Exercise (increased activity)
Hello Medicos, We are Constantly Motivated to Provide You with the Best Medical Mnemonics to Enhance your Learning Experience.
Hope you liked the article.