In this Article, we have shared a review and a free pdf download link (Google Drive) of Master the Boards USMLE Step 3, Third Edition.
The Master the Boards USMLE series is relatively new and its popularity is still growing amongst the students. The contents of the Step 3 book has been designed by Doctor Conrad Fischer, who is the Residency Program Director at Brookdale Hospital (NY).
The book comes as a standalone, unlike the aforementioned series which also had add-ons like cards or volumes. It has 592 pages of content, making it quite desirable for those who do not like studying off a lengthy book. The moderate size of the book means that the content is quite concise, but you are still going to get good information from it.
The book follows a step by step approach, which helps in building your logic and giving you a better understanding of how the things you learned are used in real cases. Each chapter has been designed specially to reflect an exam like the style for diagnostics and tests.
You are also going to learn about certain techniques, like elimination, that are aimed for success at USMLE test-taking and otherwise require quite a bit of experience to learn of. This is quite appreciated as other books usually have a generic set of advice/strategies that most students are already aware of.
The questions have been formatted in a helpful and easy to remember way, which means that you are going to remember the information and quickly click in your mind during your exam.
However, I strongly feel that this book is solely not enough for a comprehensive preparation of the USMLE Step 3 examination. Other books in this list are much better individually and should be preferred over this.
– Logical, step-by-step approach
– Give some decent process of elimination techniques for test taking that not everyone might be aware of, and also, some other generic test-taking techniques that may help people with questions they are not sure of
– Question format makes it easy to remember all of the essential information that you need for the test
– Not as comprehensive as others on our list.
Features of Master the Boards USMLE Step 3 PDF.
Here are important features of this book:
- NEW! Just enough basic science for the exam
- NEW! Patient safety notes
- Exam-like focus on best initial diagnostic test, most accurate test, & most likely diagnosis
- Step-by-step approach to diagnosis & management
- Page-by-page links to the comprehensive Kaplan USMLE Step 3 QBank
- Practical CCS tips
Table of Contents
Below is the complete table of contents presented in Master the Boards USMLE Step 3 PDF:
Section 1: Internal Medicine
- Chapter 1: Infectious Diseases
- Chapter 2: Allergy and Immunology
- Chapter 3: Cardiology
- Chapter 4: Endocrinology
- Chapter 5: Pulmonology
- Chapter 6: Rheumatology
- Chapter 7: Hematology
- Chapter 8: Gastroenterology
- Chapter 9: Neurology
- Chapter 10: Nephrology
- Chapter 11: Oncology
Section 2: Preventive Medicine
Section 3: Dermatology
Section 4: Surgery
Section 5: Pediatrics
Section 6: Obstetrics
Section 7: Gynecology
Section 8: Radiology
Section 9: Psychiatry
Section 10: Emergency Medicine/Toxicology
Section 11: Ethics
Download Free Pdf Of Master the Boards USMLE Step 3, Third Edition.
You can download Master the Boards USMLE Step 3, Third Edition by links are given below. If the link is not working, do let us know using the comments section, we will readily update it.