In this Article, we have shared a review and a free pdf download link (Google Drive) of Essentials of Medical Microbiology – Apurba Sankar Sastry PDF.
The Essentials of Medical Microbiology – Apurba Sankar Sastry focuses on providing a good foundation in clinically important concepts and principles of microbiology. Enough (over 300) tables and flowcharts have been included along with the text. Over 200 schematic diagrams have been drawn to simplify difficult concepts, and they are easy to reproduce where necessary as in examinations. Plenty of clinical photographs (over 400) included in the book will create a real life-like picture in the minds of the reader and also are meant to help to solve image-based MCQs in postgraduate entrance examinations. It has more content in fewer pages, making the book handy. The concise bulleted format and to-the-point text used in this book will be helpful in rapid revision before the examinations. Best attempts have been made to keep the language simple yet lucid to help easy comprehension. Summary of laboratory diagnosis and treatment in separate boxes makes quick review possible. Highlighted boxes are incorporated to cover the important concepts. In a nutshell, this book is carefully written targeting to meet the varied needs of undergraduate students with an approach that will orient them to build concepts and to clear undergraduate examinations as well as to equip them for postgraduate entrance examinations in future.
- 1 Description of Essentials of Medical Microbiology – Apurba Sankar Sastry PDF.
- 2 Key Features of Essentials of Medical Microbiology – Apurba Sankar Sastry PDF.
- 3 Table of Content.
- 4 Download Free Pdf of Essentials of Medical Microbiology – Apurba Sankar Sastry.
Description of Essentials of Medical Microbiology – Apurba Sankar Sastry PDF.
This book consists of 57 chapters and is organized into Six sections.
- General Microbiology section deals with principles of microscopy, morphology, physiology, culture identification of bacteria, concepts of bacterial genetics, etc. Principles of sterilization, antimicrobial chemotherapy and susceptibility testing are also explained in detail.
- It is our humble hope that this book would change the general feeling of the students regarding immunology as being a difficult section into immunology as an interesting and enjoyable topic. In this section, topics such as immunity, antigen, antibody, complement and structure of the immune system are explained in a simple and logical manner. Chapters like immune response and antigen-antibody reaction have been fully updated according to the current need. Appropriate diagrams and flowcharts are incorporated to make critically tough content easy to grasp. Topics such as autoimmunity, immunodeficiency and immunization provide complete and latest information compiled in a tabular format one place.
- Systematic Bacteriology section deals with individual bacterial pathogens in detail. The flow of information follows a very logical and clinically relevant course. More stress is given to the knowledge that helps in the clinical setting and a careful attempt has been made to reduce the obsolete and not-so-useful core microbiology content. Sections like laboratory diagnosis, treatment and prophylaxis are most updated and referenced from internationally accepted literature and guidelines.
- Virology is another section where the readers will find a different approach from the existing books. The updated and succinct information provided in this section with emphasis on pathogenesis and laboratory diagnosis will be useful to the students.
- This book also addresses to the long-time complaint of the undergraduate students about the unavailability of a concise and pictorialized Mycology section. Written in a clear and concise manner with appropriate and beautiful schematic pictures, images and illustrations, this section will surely make the students enjoy reading.
- Applied Microbiology covers important aspects of various clinical infective syndromes with special reference to the approach towards the diagnosis. Useful information regarding hospital-acquired infections and biomedical waste management have been incorporated. The annexure incorporated at the end covers the recent topics, such as emerging pathogens, bioterrorism and laboratory-acquired infections.
- Clinical case-based essay questions and MCQs are given at the end of each chapter to orient and prepare students for the examinations. Advanced and newer postgraduate entrance-oriented topics like H1N1, Ebola, polio eradication, bacterial drug resistance mechanisms (such as ESBL, VRSA, VRE), automation and molecular methods in microbiology, etc. are incorporated.
Key Features of Essentials of Medical Microbiology – Apurba Sankar Sastry PDF.
The next generation approach-one weapon, two targets: a single book that meets multiple requirements- MBBS 2nd-year exam and PG entrance exams. Though the primary focus of this book is to help MBBS students build important concepts and clear the University exams with ease and confidence, for the first time in the medical book’s history, this textbook is written in an orientation suitable for PG entrance exams also, so that the content of the textbook does not differ much from the PG entrance book (major deficiency with the existing Indian UG textbooks).
* A single book that meets multiple requirements of both MBBS 2nd year exam and PG entrance exams.
- More content, less pages-handy look, saves a student’s time
- Concise, bulleted format and to-the-point text-easy to read during the examination
- Simple and lucid language makes the understanding easy
- Separate boxes for the summary of laboratory diagnosis and treatment-for quick review
- Schematic diagrams are drawn in a user-friendly manner
- More real images-keeping in view the image-based MCQs in PG entrances
- Enough tables and flowcharts-for better understanding
- Immunology and virology sections-totally a new look given, fully updated and according to the current need
- Recently updated concepts in epidemiology, laboratory diagnosis and treatment included
- Advanced and newer topics covered, such as H1N1, Ebola, Polio eradication, newer bacterial drug resistance mechanisms (ESBL, VRSA, VRE, XDR-TB) automation and molecular methods in microbiology, etc.
- Clinical case-based essay questions and MCQs incorporated at the end of the chapter to reinforce the students to prepare for future exams.
Table of Content.
This book consists of 57 chapters and is organized into Six sections.
Chapter-01 Introduction and Bacterial Taxonomy
Chapter-02 Morphology and Physiology of Bacteria
Chapter-03 Sterilization and Disinfection
Chapter-04 Culture Media and Culture Methods
Chapter-05 Identification of Bacteria
Chapter-06 Bacterial Genetics
Chapter-07 Antimicrobial Agents, Antimicrobial Resistance and Antimicrobial Susceptibility Testing
Chapter-08 Microbial Pathogenicity
Chapter-09 Immunity (Innate and Acquired)
Chapter-12 Antigen-Antibody Reaction
Chapter-14 Structure of Immune System
Chapter-15 Immune Responses: Cell-mediated and Antibody-mediated
Chapter-18 Immunodeficiency Disorders
Chapter-19 Transplant and Cancer Immunology
Chapter-20 Immunoprophylaxis and Immunohematology
Chapter-22 Streptococcus, Enterococcus and Pneumococcus
Chapter-23 Neisseria and Moraxella
Chapter-26 Anaerobes (Clostridium and Non-sporing Anaerobes)
Chapter-28 Miscellaneous Gram-positive Bacilli
Chapter-30 Enterobacteriaceae II: Salmonella
Chapter-31 Vibrio and Aeromonas
Chapter-32 Pseudomonas and other Non-fermenters
Chapter-33 Haemophilus and HACEK Group
Chapter-36 Miscellaneous Gram-negative Bacilli
Chapter-38 Rickettsiae, Coxiella, Bartonella
Chapter-40 Mycoplasma and Ureaplasma
Chapter-41 General Properties of Viruses
Chapter-43 Other DNA Viruses
Chapter-44 Myxoviruses and Rubella Virus
Chapter-48 HIV and Other Retroviruses
Chapter-49 Miscellaneous RNA Viruses
Chapter-50 Hepatitis Viruses
Chapter-51 Oncogenic Viruses
Chapter-52 Medical Mycology
Chapter-53 Normal Microbial Flora of Human Body
Chapter-54 Clinical Microbiology (Infective Syndromes)
Chapter-55 Hospital Acquired Infections
Chapter-56 Biomedical Waste Management
Chapter-57 Bacteriology of Water, Milk, Air and Food
Download Free Pdf of Essentials of Medical Microbiology – Apurba Sankar Sastry.
You can download Essentials of Medical Microbiology – Apurba Sankar Sastry PDF by links are given below. If the link is not working, do let us know using the comments section, we will readily update it.