We have shared a review and a free pdf download link (Google Drive) of Medical Pharmacology at a Glance 8th Edition.
Medical Pharmacology at a Glance is recognised as an excellent starting point for pharmacology study. This international best-seller is the perfect companion for all medical and health students, providing an accessible, visual overview of pharmacology.
Medicos Ideas work in the way you do, Smarty. While you are downloading Pdf’s (Link in Bottom) straight in your device, we want you to grab one more great book and to see you become better Ebooks Manager. And If you like our work kindly do support us.
This 8th edition has been extensively updated, especially in the areas of anaesthetics, drugs used in AIDs, cardiovascular drugs, drugs used in anxiety, depression and schizophrenia, urological drugs, drug metabolism, as well as practical concerns such as drug indications and side effects.
Features of Medical Pharmacology at a Glance 8th Edition.
Ideal for USMLE and pharmacology exam revision, Medical Pharmacology at a Glance feature:
• The basic principles of drug action, interaction, absorption and excretion
• Chapters based on diseases or syndrome, for efficient clinical learning
• An emphasis on drug mechanisms
• References to the pathophysiology of the disease, to aid understanding of drug choice and action
• Case studies with questions and a full explanation of answers
• A companion website at www.ataglanceseries.com/pharmacology featuring online cases and flashcards.
TABLE OF CONTENTS.
Further reading viii
How to use your textbook ix
About the companion website x
- 1 Introduction: principles of drug action 2
- 2 Drug–receptor interactions 4
- 3 Drug absorption, distribution and excretion 6
- 4 Drug metabolism 8
- 5 Local anaesthetics 10
- 6 Drugs acting at the neuromuscular junction 12
- 7 Autonomic nervous system 14
- 8 Autonomic drugs acting at cholinergic synapses 16
- 9 Drugs acting on the sympathetic system 18
- 10 Ocular pharmacology 20
- 11 Asthma, hay fever and anaphylaxis 22
- 12 Drugs acting on the gastrointestinal tract I: peptic ulcer 24
- 13 Drugs acting on the gastrointestinal tract II: motility and secretions 26
- 14 Drugs acting on the kidney: diuretics 28
- 15 Drugs used in hypertension 30
- 16 Drugs used in angina 32
- 17 Antiarrhythmic drugs 34
- 18 Drugs used in heart failure 36
- 19 Drugs used to affect blood coagulation 38
- 20 Lipid-lowering drugs 40
- 21 Agents used in anaemias 42
- 22 Central transmitter substances 44
- 23 General anaesthetics 46
- 24 Anxiolytics and hypnotics 48
- 25 Antiepileptic drugs 50
- 26 Drugs used in Parkinson’s disease 52
- 27 Antipsychotic drugs (neuroleptics) 54
- 28 Drugs used in affective disorders: antidepressants 56
- 29 Opioid analgesic 58
- 30 Drugs used in nausea and vertigo (antiemetics) 60
- 31 Drug misuse and dependence 62
- 32 Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) 64
- 33 Corticosteroids 66
- 34 Sex hormones and drugs 68
- 35 Thyroid and antithyroid drugs 70
- 36 Antidiabetic agents 72
- 37 Antibacterial drugs that inhibit nucleic acid synthesis: sulphonamides, trimethoprim, quinolones and nitroimidazoles 74
- 38 Antibacterial drugs that inhibit cell wall synthesis: penicillins, cephalosporins and vancomycin 76
- 39 Antibacterial drugs that inhibit protein synthesis: aminoglycosides, tetracyclines, macrolides and chloramphenicol 78
- 40 Antifungal drugs 80
- 41 Antiviral drugs 82
- 42 Drugs acting on parasites I: helminths (worms) 84
- 43 Drugs acting on parasites II: protozoa 86
- 44 Drugs used in cancer 88
- 45 Immunosuppressants and anti rheumatoid drugs 90
- 46 Poisoning 92
- 47 Adverse drug reactions 94
- Case studies and questions 96
- Answers 98
- Index 102
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Medical Pharmacology at a Glance 8th Edition PDF Download.
You can download Medical Pharmacology at a Glance 8th Edition PDF by links are given below. If the link is not working, do let us know using the comments section, we will readily update it.