In this Article, we have shared a review and a free pdf download link (Google Drive) of Obstetrics by Ten Teachers, 19th Edition.
First published in 1917 as ‘Midwifery’, Obstetrics by Ten Teachers is well established as a concise, yet comprehensive, guide within its field. The nineteenth edition has been thoroughly updated, integrating clinical material with the latest scientific advances.
With an additional editor and new contributing authors, the new edition combines authoritative detail while signposting essential knowledge. Retaining the favoured textual features of preceding editions, each chapter is highly structured, with overviews, definitions, aetiology, clinical features, investigation, treatments, key points and additional reading where appropriate.
Together with its companion Gynaecology by Ten Teachers, the volume has been edited carefully to ensure consistency of structure, style and level of detail, as well as avoiding overlap of material.
For almost a century the ‘Ten Teachers’ titles have together found favour with students, lecturers and practitioners alike. The nineteenth editions continue to provide an accessible ‘one stop shop’ in obstetrics for a new generation of doctors.
Overview of Obstetrics by Ten Teachers, 19th Edition.
Ten top-class teachers in obstetrics have been brought together to collaborate on a brand new edition of the best-selling volume Obstetrics by Ten Teachers. First published in 1917 as Midwifery, Obstetrics by Ten Teachers has been a favourite with students, lecturers and practitioners for many generations, and once again should serve the reader well through their final year exams, and beyond. Along with its sister volume Gynaecology by Ten Teachers, these 19th editions will retain many of the highly-praised features of the previous editions, whilst providing completely new coverage in many subject areas. The two volumes have been carefully edited to ensure that they provide a comprehensive and complementary package for a new generation of students.
Features of Obstetrics by Ten Teachers, 19th Edition.
Here are important features of this book:
- The book covers pregnancy, beginning with the basics.
- The first chapter is obstetric history taking and examination, and it is easy to appreciate that the focus is the medical student. It is very thorough and the use of tables and figures help emphasize main points.
- The second chapter quickly moves into modern obstetric care and it is here that the U.K. approach is readily apparent. This would certainly be an excellent book for medical students training in the U.K., but a similar U.S. chapter would be necessary to enlarge its audience.
- The book then moves into antepartum and intrapartum care and does a nice job of being succinct yet thorough.
- Figures are used effectively, key points are highlighted throughout, and case histories help emphasize teaching points.
Table of Contents.
The following content will be Covered in Obstetrics by Ten Teachers, 19th Edition.
- Obstetric history taking and examination
- Modern maternity care
- Physiological changes in pregnancy
- Normal fetal development and growth
- Antenatal care
- Antenatal imaging and assessment of fetal well-being
- Prenatal diagnosis
- Antenatal obstetric complications
- Twins and higher multiple gestations
- Pre-eclampsia and other disorders of placentation
- Late miscarriage and early birth
- Medical diseases complicating pregnancy
- Perinatal infections
- Operative intervention in obstetrics
- Obstetric emergencies
- The puerperium
- Psychiatric disorders and the puerperium
- Ethical and medicolegal issues in obstetric practice
About the Author
Philip N Baker BMedSci BM BS DM FRCOG FRCSC FMedSci
Dean of the Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry
University of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada
Louise Kenny MBChB (Hons) MRCOG PhD
Professor of Obstetrics and
Consultant Obstetrician and Gynaecologist
The Anu Research Centre,
Cork University Maternity Hospital,
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology,
Download Free Pdf of Obstetrics by Ten Teachers, 19th Edition.
You can download Obstetrics by Ten Teachers, 19th Edition PDF by links are given below. If the link is not working, do let us know using the comments section, we will readily update it.