We have shared a review and a free pdf download link (Google Drive) of Pre-hospital Emergency Medicine at a Glance.
Pre-hospital Emergency Medicine at a Glance offers healthcare students and trainees the essential theoretical knowledge and practical skills relevant to the provision of immediate care outside of the hospital.
Medicos Ideas work in the way you do, Smarty. While you are downloading Pdf’s (Link in Bottom) straight in your device, we want you to grab one more great book and to see you become better Ebooks Manager. And If you like our work kindly do support us.
This concise text provides information on the principles of managing acutely unwell patients with life-threatening injuries at the scene of their accident, all in highly-illustrated double-page spreads to help explain key messages.
Features of Pre-hospital Emergency Medicine at a Glance.
This brand new title:
- Looks at the ways in which pre-hospital care is organised and delivered in the United Kingdom
- Explores some of the most common incidents that pre-hospital care teams attend to, including major trauma as well as cardiac arrests
- Includes an illustrated introduction to some of the many practical procedures pre-hospital care teams must be able to perform including resuscitative thoracotomy and rapid sequence induction of anaesthesia
- Takes into account the multi-disciplinary nature of the speciality.
- Features a section on careers within pre-hospital care for doctors and paramedics
Pre-hospital Emergency Medicine at a Glance is the perfect companion for medical students and junior doctors interested in learning more about pre-hospital care, as well as for paramedic students and paramedics who practise in the pre-hospital environment every day.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Principles of pre-hospital care
- 1 History of pre-hospital care
- 2 Pre-hospital care today
- 3 Major trauma pathways in the UK
- 4 Emerging pre-hospital medical care pathways
- 5 Kinematics and Mechanism of Injury
- 6 Hazardous materials
- 7 Human factors
- 8 Pre-hospital transport
- 9 Scene safety
Initial assessment and management of immediately life-threatening injuries
- 10 The primary survey
- 11 Control of major haemorrhage
- 12 Cervical spine injuries
- 13 Basic airway management
- 14 The difficult airway
- 15 Life-threatening chest trauma
- 16 Circulation I: haemodynamic instability
- 17 Circulation II: medical cardiac arrest
- 18 Circulation III: traumatic cardiac arrest
- 19 Pain relief and sedation
- 20 Head injury
- 21 Spinal injuries
- 22 Limb Injuries
Special considerations in trauma management
- 23 Paediatric trauma
- 24 Trauma in the pregnant woman
- 25 Trauma in the elderly
Practical skills in pre-hospital emergency medicine
- 26 Anaesthesia in the pre-hospital environment
- 27 The emergency surgical airway
- 28 Peripheral vascular access
- 29 Chest techniques
- 30 Resuscitative thoracotomy
- 31 Pre-hospital ultrasound
- 32 Packaging
- 33 Handover
Management of complex problems
- 34 Major incidents
- 35 Expedition medicine
- 36 Event medicine
- 37 Military pre-hospital emergency care
Careers in pre-hospital emergency medicine
- 38 Careers in pre-hospital emergency medicine – NHS England
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Pre-hospital Emergency Medicine at a Glance PDF Download.
You can download Pre-hospital Emergency Medicine at a Glance PDF by links are given below. If the link is not working, do let us know using the comments section, we will readily update it.