We have shared a review and a free pdf download link (Google Drive) of Rapid Neurology and Neurosurgery (Wiley-Blackwell).
Medicos Ideas work in the way you do, Smarty. While you are downloading Pdf’s (Link in Bottom) straight in your device, we want you to grab one more great book and to see you become better Ebooks Manager. And If you like our work kindly do support us.
Features of Rapid Neurology and Neurosurgery.
It provides a concise, structured approach to neurology and neurosurgery learning, covering key facts in a simple and memorable way:
- Part I – The Basics – features the basic principles and facts essential for a good understanding of neurology and neurosurgery and includes sections on relevant neuroanatomy; neurological history and examination; and investigations including neurophysiology and neuroradiology. MRI and CT scans are included throughout the text.
- Part II – Complaints: face to face with the patient – features OSCE-style and the viva-voce examination preparation and has chapters on presenting complaints with relevant and selected questions to ask for establishing the differential diagnoses (presented in a table) with basic investigations and management.
- Part III – Conditions: applying the basics – presents important clinical conditions with sections on definition; epidemiology; aetiology; associations/risk factors; pathology; history; examination; investigations; management; complications; prognosis and a list of differential diagnoses usually in a table with general clinical information and distinguishing information to exclude the alternative diagnoses.
Each chapter also includes key points to remember and highlights key facts.
Rapid Neurology and Neurosurgery contains only the essential, core, and relevant facts in a concise, pocket-sized, ‘rapid’ refresher providing a thorough foundation of neurology and neurosurgery knowledge allowing you to excel in the examinations.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
List of Abbreviations, vii
PART I The basics
- 1 About this book and how to use it, 3
- 2 Basic neuroanatomy, 4
- 3 Neurological history, examination, signs and localisation, 7
- 4 Neurological investigations, 21
PART II Complaints: Face-to-face with the patient
- 5 Headache, 31
- 6 Blackouts, 34
- 7 Visual disturbances, 36
- 8 Dizziness and vertigo, 39
- 9 Weak legs, 41
- 10 Numbness and sensory disturbance, 44
- 11 Gait assessment and disturbance, 46
PART III Conditions: Applying the basics
- 12 Headache, 51
- 13 Transient ischaemic attacks (TIAs), 55
- 14 Stroke I: Thromboembolic stroke and syndromes, 59
- 15 Stroke II: Intracerebral haemorrhage, 65
- 16 Stroke III: Subarachnoid haemorrhage, 68
- 17 Epilepsy, 75
- 18 Multiple sclerosis, 80
- 19 Parkinson’s disease and other related syndromes, 84
- 20 Other movement disorders, 88
- 21 Central nervous system infections: Meningitis, 91
- 22 Central nervous system infections: Cerebral abscess, 94
- 23 Radiculopathy and disc herniation, 97
- 24 Peripheral neuropathies’ syndromes, 100
- 25 Common peripheral nerve lesions: Mononeuropathies, 104
- 26 Motor neurone disease (MND), 108
- 27 Myasthenia gravis and Lambert–Eaton myasthenic syndrome, 111
- 28 Diseases of the muscle, 114
- 29 Alzheimer’s disease and other dementia syndromes, 118
- 30 Raised intracranial pressure and herniation syndromes, 122
- 31 Coma and brainstem death, 127
- 32 Head injury: General approach and management, 130
- 33 Head injury: Subdural haematoma, skull fractures and contusions, 135
- 34 Head injury: Extradural haematoma, 141
- 35 Spinal injuries and spinal cord syndromes, 144
- 36 CNS neoplasia, 151
- 37 Hydrocephalus, 155
- Appendix 1 Management of status epilepticus (SE), 163
- Appendix 2 Glasgow Coma Scale (GCS), 164
- Appendix 3 Primary neuroepithelial tumours of the central nervous system, 166
- Appendix 4 Other tumours affecting the central nervous system, 173
- Index, 181
Rapid Neurology and Neurosurgery PDF Download.
You can download Rapid Neurology and Neurosurgery PDF by links are given below. If the link is not working, do let us know using the comments section, we will readily update it.