In this article, we will be sharing Mnemonic for Sarcoidosis Features or Clinical characteristics.
Sarcoidosis is – a disease involving abnormal collections of inflammatory cells that form lumps known as granulomas. The disease usually begins in the lungs, skin, or lymph nodes. Less commonly affected are the eyes, liver, heart, and brain.
Sarcoidosis Features Mnemonic.
“SARCOID” is a mnemonics to remember the Sarcoidosis features.
- Skin – erythema nodosum.
- Arthritis esp. of feet, hands.
- Respiratory – bilateral hilar lymphadenopathy, pulmonary infiltrates.
- Cardiac – heart block, VT, heart failure.
- Ocular – anterior uveitis, can lead to blindness.
- Intracranial (brain) – chronic meningitis, seizures, neuropathy.
- Derangement of liver and renal function – hepatic granuloma (70% patients), hypercalcaemia (can lead to kidney stones and nephrocalcinosis)
Hello Medicos, We are Constantly Motivated to Provide You with the Best Medical Mnemonics to Enhance your Learning Experience.
Hope you, Liked the article.