In this fully updated thirteenth edition, Simpson’s Forensic Medicine remains the world’s leading introductory text in the field of forensic medicine. It presents all that the generalist or student needs to know about the interface between medicine and the law, including medical examination of the living and the dead as part of a criminal investigation, toxicology, forensic science, the legal obligations and ethical responsibilities of doctors in the forensic setting, and more.
The text focuses on general principles, and so is relevant internationally- examples specific to any particular legal system have been avoided where possible. New authorship brings a fresh and modern perspective to the subject, and- for the first time- all images from the book are available to view on the book’s website. Simpson’s has a long and respected history, having been read by many of today’s leading forensic practitioners at the start of the career. It remains the most indispensable guide to the practice of forensic medicine worldwide.
Continuing its tradition of preparing the next generation of forensic practitioners, it presents essential concepts in the interface between medicine and the law. Twenty-four chapters cover basic science, toxicology, forensic odontology, forensic anthropology, and both the legal obligations and ethical responsibilities of those involved in the forensic setting.
Highlights of this well-renowned text include: Simpson’s Forensic Medicine, 13th Edition.
- Clear and concise language suitable for a wide audience of readers
- Text boxes to emphasize salient points
- High-quality colour photographs for clear communication of concepts
- Focus on key principles applicable to any legal system
- Additional perspectives from authors new to this edition
- Expanded coverage of toxicology and forensic science
Each chapter includes suggestions for further reading, including books, key scientific papers and reviews, and web-based sources. Simpson’s has a long and respected history—read by many of today’s leading forensic practitioners at the start of the career. It remains the most indispensable guide to the practice of forensic medicine worldwide.
Table of Contents.
Below is the table of contents in Simpson’s Forensic Medicine, 13th Edition PDF:
- Principles of Forensic Practice
- The Ethics of Medical Practice
- The Medical Aspects of Death
- Identification of the Living And The Dead
- The Appearance of the Body After Death
- Unexpected and Sudden Death from Natural Causes
- Deaths and Injury in Infancy
- Assessment, Classification and Documentation of Injury
- Regional Injuries
- Ballistic Injuries
- Use of Force and Restraint
- Sexual Assault
- Child Assault and Protection
- Transportation Medicine
- Immersion and Drowning
- Heat, Cold and Electrical Trauma
- Principles of Toxicology
- Licit and Illicit Drugs
- Medicinal Poisons
- Miscellaneous Poisons
- Principles of Forensic Science
- Allied Forensic Specialties
- Appendix 1: Guidelines for an Autopsy and Exhumation
- Appendix 2: Widmark’s Formula
- Appendix 3: Diagnosing Poisoning – Carbon Monoxide. Health Protection Agency Guidelines
Dr Jason Payne-James LLM FRCS FFFLM FFSSoc RFP DFM
Director – Forensic Healthcare Services Ltd, Vice-President (Forensic Medicine) – Faculty of Forensic & Legal Medicine (Royal College of Physicians)
Honorary Senior Lecturer, Cameron Centre for Forensic and Medical Sciences, Queen Mary, University of London
Steven B. Karch, MD., FFFLM FFSSoc
Consultant Cardiac Pathologist and Toxicologist, Berkeley, California, USA
Richard Jones BSc. (Hons) MBBS FRCPath MCIEH MFSSoc MFFLM
Locum Consultant Forensic Pathologist, Wales Institute of Forensic Medicine, University Hospital of Wales, Cardiff, Wales, UK
John Manlove BA MSc DIC PhD RFP FFSSoc.
Manlove Forensics Ltd, Wantage, Oxon, UK.
Download Free Pdf of Textbook of Simpson’s Forensic Medicine, 13th Edition.
You can download Simpson’s Forensic Medicine, 13th Edition PDF by links are given below. If the link is not working, do let us know using the comments section, we will readily update it.