In this article, we have shared a review and a free pdf download link (Google Drive) of USMLE Step 3 Secrets.
The USMLE Step 3 Secrets is produced by Doctor Ted O’Connell, who is a successful international educator. Part of the USMLE Secret Series, Step 3 Secrets has become quite popular amongst students and is recommended as an aid for acing one of your most important medical exams.
I chose to add it in the list because of its refreshed and engaging style of content, which written by former USMLE candidates, who have excelled in their exams themselves and are now successful in their medical field of choice.
The book has a total of 400 pages, which are divided into different sections about diagnosis, treatment, and management of common disorders. There are overviews given about each topic at the start and quite engaging questions at the end, which will refresh your memory and test your knowledge. This is going to help you get the most from your reading, while still being efficient in managing time.
Inside the book, you will find:
1) Pro tips and advice that you won’t find anywhere else
2) Figures, tables, and summary boxes that provide a concise visual overview of the important board-relevant content
One of the best things about this book is that it has been written with a simple style in mind. There are no flashy words or superfluous content used by the authors, which means that it is easier to understand the content and put it to memory.
There are several illustrations and tables in the sections to help you visualize the topic. Moreover, it is always handy to keep figures and tables in mind.
Since the book is written by previously appeared candidates, they have shared their proven strategies for excelling in the exam. There are also useful tips provided by Doctor O’Connell himself, which he has learned from his experience in the medical field.
The only negative I can think of in this book is that the reviews provided in each section do not go too deep and unless your concepts are well developed already, you may not be able to benefit a lot from these reviews.
– Short, concise and to the point, no wasted time, no superfluous content
– Learn the tips to help you succeed in slipping past the test makers tricks
– A review is not very in-depth.
Features of USMLE Step 3 Secrets.
Clear that final USMLE hurdle with confidence! Bestselling review author Dr Ted O’Connell prepares you for every aspect of the challenging USMLE Step 3 exam with questions and concise answers designed for today’s residents. Following the popular, time-tested Secrets Series® format, this enjoyable, easy-to-read book is extremely effective for ensuring success on one of the most important exams you’ll take in your medical career.
- Get the most out of your study time with a concise, integrated, clinical overview of Step 3 content, perfect for a refresher and practical preparation for this high-stakes, vignette-style exam.
- Benefit from the highly engaging Q&A format that interactively reviews your knowledge of diagnosis, treatment, and management of common disorders.
- Carry it with you and study at your convenience – anytime, anywhere.
- Tap into the knowledge and experience of co-authors who have all scored extremely well on all steps of the USMLE.
- Zero in on key information with figures, tables, and summary boxes that provide a concise visual overview of the important board-relevant content.
- Apply tips, memory aids, and “secrets” gathered by Dr O’Connell and used by students to pass the boards.
Table of Contents.
- Chapter 1. Guide to the USMLE Step 3 and Supplement: Guide to the CSS
- Chapter 2. Ambulatory Medicine
- Chapter 3. Cardiovascular
- Chapter 4. Emergency medicine
- Chapter 5. Endocrinology
- Chapter 6. Ethics and statistics
- Chapter 7. Gastroenterology
- Chapter 8. Haematology
- Chapter 9. Oncology
- Chapter 10. Infectious disease
- Chapter 11. Musculoskeletal
- Chapter 12. Nephrology
- Chapter 13. Neurology
- Chapter 14. Obstetrics
- Chapter 15. Gynaecology
- Chapter 16. Paediatrics
- Chapter 17. Psychiatry
- Chapter 18. Pulmonary
- Chapter 19. High-yield CCS cases.
USMLE Step 3 Secrets PDF Download.
You can download USMLE Step 3 Secrets by links are given below. If the link is not working, do let us know using the comments section, we will readily update it.